Tuesday, August 22, 2023

DERELICTION OF DUTY

blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M 
1. I was startled when I read the news report that, during the trial involving 1MDB, Zeti, the former Governor of Bank Negara stated that she had reported to the A.G. at that time, i.e., Apandi the wrong doings of the staff of 1MDB. But the A.G. did not take any action. It seems to me like dereliction of duty.

2. Yet Apandi had sued me for wrongful dismissal. I was prepared to go to court to explain why I had to remove him.

3. Another example of Apandi’s wrongful decision was to dismiss all the cases against Dato Sri Najib. Yet when another A.G. brought Najib’s cases to court, three courts and nine judges found Najib guilty.

4. Clearly Apandi as A.G. did not study the case thoroughly before declaring that Najib had no case to answer.

5. This again shows a dereliction of duty on the part of Apandi. Yet when he sued the Government and me for wrongful dismissal, the Government agreed to settle the case outside the court and awarded Apandi an unknown sum to drop his action suing the Government and me.

6. This means that the Government agreed that he was wrongfully dismissed.

7. I was not party to the settlement. I did not agree that I had wrongfully dismissed Apandi.

8. But now, the report that he failed to take action on the report by Bank Negara, proves that he was not doing his duty as the A.G. This further justify his dismissal as A.G.

9. That such an A.G. should be compensated with unknown sums of money do not reflect well on the rule of law in this country.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at United Nations General Assembly


Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at the general debate of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2018
Turkey President Tayyip Edrogan speech at the general debate of the 74rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2019
Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at the general debate of the 74rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2019