blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M
1. The aide to the Prime Minister says I have run down the nation with my claim that Malaysia has become one of the 10 most corrupt countries in the world.
2. Am I the only person to say this.
3. Let us list the reports on corruption in Malaysia.
Washington Dec. 16
Malaysia in top 10 most corrupt developing country
Country Rankings (Biggest exporters of illicit capital over Decade China, Russia, Mexico, India, Malaysia)
Transparency International Malaysia today rapped Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak for not seriously tackling corruption following the 1MDB and RM2.6 billion donation affairs which drags Malaysia down four notches in the latest world Corruption Perception Index (CPI) ranking.
Speech by Jose Ugaz, Putrajaya, Malaysia
“No one can be in Malaysia and not be aware of the corruption allegations of recent months and how damaging they are to the country”
Scandal-list Malaysia PM Najib drops speech at anti-corruption conference.
The summit was agreed to be hosted just outside Kuala Lumpur before reports emerged that $700m (£456) linked to the debt – laden fund 1 Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) had allegedly entered Najib Razak’s personal accounts.
TITLE: Malaysia PM urged to come clean on scandal at anti- graft meeting
Malaysia Corruption Rank.
No 60 of 175 countries in 2011
No 23 in 1995
No 1 Denmark
No 175 Somalia
Mar 18, 2016 – (Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Australian National University)
In 2009, Malaysia Prime Minister Najib Razak established a sovereign wealth fund called 1 Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) to help the country attract foreign investment and boost its economy. Long story short, by 2015, 1MDB owed investors $11 billion. As investigations of the state fund got underway, it was revealed that $681 million dollars had been deposited into Najib’s personal account. The Prime Minister copped to the money transfer, but claimed it was a gift from Saudi royal family, about $620 millions of which he says he has returned. Two weeks ago, the 1MDB investigation uncovered that the total routed into Najib’s personal account was actually about $1 billion.
Malaysia is a de facto one-party country. All the country’s six post-independence prime ministers have come from the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO). That is why Najib owes his position to his party, not to the Malaysian people – good news for a man currently polling at 23 percent, the lowest ever for a Malaysian head of Government. He has spent the last half-decade strengthening his position within UMNO, and the past year since the 1MDB scandal broke purging his party of potential adversaries. This past summer, Najib fired his attorney-general, who had been leading the 1MDB investigation. Malaysia exemplifies how corruption drives man tall short in countries with a single party and weak governing institutions.
Malaysia on Times Magazine list of corruption scandals.
Malaysia has made an appearance in the influential Time magazine again, this time with the dubious distinction of being among a list of five countries whose corruption scandals are being highlighted.
Malaysia Rated as 2nd Most Corrupt Country IN THE WORLD
4. These are some of the reports on corruption in Malaysia. There are scores of similar reports in the media all over the world. The US Dep. of Justice (DOJ) reported on money stolen from 1MDB being laundered through purchases of properties and paintings and financing film production.
5. But in Malaysia the main stream media have never reported on 1MDB scandal after The Edge was forced to stop publication following a series of reports by it.
6. The PM’s aide will not know about these reports as Najib’s supporters only read the local papers which are not allowed to publish anything exposing Najib’s misdeeds. The aide knows about what I said regarding Malaysia’s corruption probably through my blog and reports in the alternative media.
7. Yes, I am working with the opposition parties to topple Najib. Only idiots or corrupt people would still support Najib and ignore the condemnation of him for money laundering by the rest of the world.
8. Yes, I did a U-turn. Only a stupid driver would drive straight on when seeing the road ahead has been blown up and is no longer passable. To support Najib who has been accused of stealing billions of Ringgit, and a dumb corrupt UMNO would make me a traitor to my country. Hence the U-turn.
9. The aide must have eaten a lot of bran in his mouth to make his stupid statement that I was running down the nation. The whole world has run down this nation.
8. A country that was once labelled an Asian Tiger is now labelled as the second most corrupt country in the world. That is the achievement of Najib as Prime Minister of Malaysia. And that achievement is due to Ministers and other BN leaders corruptly supporting him.