blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M
1. For the first time Proton takes part in the prestigious motor show in Geneva. It is costly to exhibit there but I was gratified at the interest shown by the foreign and Malaysian journalists and motoring fans in the new Proton concept car – the EMAS (Eco-Mobility Advanced Solution).
2. Malaysians will not be able to buy it for a long time but even though the car was designed for the world market it would first appear on Malaysian roads.
3. It is a small car, designed by Italdesign Giugiaro and Proton designers and engineers in Turin. For a small car it is very spacious and has many innovative features. It can actually seat up to five adults and comes in three versions. There will be three more versions later.
4. The completed car which was the principal attraction has a hybrid engine. But ordinary Internal Combustion Engine can also be installed and would cost less than the hybrid. However, no price has been fixed yet.
5. Malaysian journalists present have already reported on the car. I am just adding for the visitors to my blog.
6. I may be wrong (and as usual many comments will tell me I am wrong) but I think the journalists and the hundreds of motorcar enthusiasts who visited the stand were impressed by the many unique features of the car.
7. If this car proves to be a success it may mark the true recovery of Proton.