Friday, July 9, 2010

TONY BLAIR 2

blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M 
1. British papers headlined “Blair’s battle with law chief over Iraq“. Tony Blair was told the Iraq war was illegal by Attorney-General (Lord Goldsmith) the day before he (Blair) gave George Bush the go-ahead for invasion.

2. Blair’s fury at the repeated warnings from Lord Goldsmith was laid bare as secret memos were published by the Chilcot Inquiry on the British involvement in the Iraq war after the memos were declassified by the Government.

3. On the memo by Lord Goldsmith, the Attorney-General, Blair scribbled, “I just don’t understand this”. The memo was published in British newspapers.

4. When Bush said on January 31st 2003, that bombing (of Iraq) would begin in mid-March, David Manning, the PM’s chief foreign policy adviser recorded Blair’s reaction; “The Prime Minister said he was solidly behind the President”.

5. It is not surprising therefore that the US has “honoured” Blair with a medal and GBP 67,000.

6. The award according to David Eisner of the National Constitution Centre of America is because “Tony Blair has significantly furthered the expansion of freedom, self governance, equality and peaceful co-existence”. It is the height of hypocrisy.

7. Malaysian Achievers should be happy that they are not alone in their admiration of Tony Blair. But anti-war campaigners reacted furiously and Andrew Burgin of the Stop the War Coalition said, “This is unbelievable. It is a reward for supporting Bush in the war against Iraq”.

8. “It is the deaths of a million people in Iraq that Blair should be remembered for”.

9. True to his ilk, Blair supported Israel’s attack and killings of aid workers of the humanitarian flotilla to Gaza. Blair considers Israel’s attack and piracy in international waters as constituting a right to defend itself.

10. When Blair the war criminal came here to speak for RM1 million (GBP200,000) he was treated as a Government guest and given VIP treatment.

11. Personally I don’t care for any special treatment for me when I travel abroad. But at Heathrow, London, I was treated as a terrorist. I had to take off my shoes, belt and coat and was body searched for weapons by British security before I was allowed to go through.

12. I was reminded of the Hindi film, starring Shah Rukh Khan entitled, “My name is Khan”, in which Khan tried to meet the President of the United States to tell him, “Mr President, my name is Khan. I am not a terrorist”.

13. I felt like shouting should I meet Mr Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, “Mr Prime Minister, my name is Mahathir. I am the former Prime Minister of Malaysia. I am not a terrorist”.

14. But of course I will not do it. I will continue to be treated as a terrorist in the United Kingdom while Mr Moneybags war criminal Tony Blair will be given full VVIP treatment by the Malaysian Government when he visits Malaysia, a former British colony.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at United Nations General Assembly


Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at the general debate of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2018
Turkey President Tayyip Edrogan speech at the general debate of the 74rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2019
Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at the general debate of the 74rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2019