blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M
1. Israel has consistently refused to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. When accused of having nuclear weapons Israel refused to either admit or deny the fact.
2. The international edition of the Guardian (British paper) of 24th May 2010 under the headline, “Revealed : How Israel offered to sell South Africa the bomb” reported that secret document made available to an American researcher Sasha Polakow Suransky, revealed that “in 1975, South Africa’s Defence Minister, P.W. Botha asked for the warheads and Shimon Peres, then Defence Minister, now its President responded by offering them “in three sizes.”
3. This document proves that Israel has nuclear weapons. Israel claims that “if” it has nuclear weapon, it is a “responsible” power that would not misuse them, whereas countries such as Iran cannot be “trusted”.
4. One wonders about Israeli claim to be a responsible power when the whole world knows that Israel very often attack Palestinian villages such as Jenin and the Gaza strip during which bombs, rockets and missiles are used and bulldozers destroy houses while the occupants are still in it. Israel also builds settlements on Palestinian land, completely ignoring the resolutions of the United Nations. It had also built a wall through Palestinian villages, roads through Palestinian land which the Palestinians are not allowed to use, mount road-blocks in Palestinian territory. Are these the acts of a “responsible power” which can be trusted not to misuse nuclear weapons.
5. And lately the attack against the Mavi Marmara and the brutal killing of nine Turkish aid workers in international waters illustrate the kind of that cannot be associated with responsibility for a nation.