1. I wonder whether people notice it or not, but Presidential candidates of the United States of America, the sole superpower, have all to seek approval from Israel.
2. Mitt Romney, Republican candidate for President has just made the pilgrimage. And he has made a public pledge that he will be even tougher against the Palestinians and Iran than Obama.
3. Soon I am sure Obama will make this pilgrimage and will make more promises to fight for Israel.
4. I think this is odd. What if Malaysian candidates for elections have to visit a neighbouring country to pledge our friendship or support for it? We Malaysians would not think this proper. Our elections are about gaining the support of Malaysians for the party that will form the Government. What other countries think of our Government’s policies is irrelevant.
5. Apparently it is not the case with America. All candidates must literally pledge loyalty to Israel or risk losing the elections. It is not about what is good for the Unites States which counts.
6. One can imagine the policies that will be adopted by whichever Government or President wins. If accusation is made that Israel rules the world by proxy, it would appear that there is substance to that allegation. Clearly the United States cannot ignore Israel’s views when reacting to anything of concern by Israel.
Looks like the tail is wagging the dog.