blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M
1. Dirtying and defacing the walls and buildings with writings and drawings is not a Malaysian culture.
2. But Malaysians as usual like to copy everything that is done by Europeans. It is part of their inferiority complex. Defacing public property seen in Europe and Latin America is now being taken up. Kuala Lumpur which has spent a lot of public money to clean and beautify is now being defaced with ugly graffiti.
3. Unchecked this alien culture will negate all the efforts of beautifying our cities and towns. I have noticed that where this abuse is common city authorities stop trying to clean and beautify their cities. Their attitude seem to be if people like a dirty ugly city why bother to clean and beautify it.
1. Christmas is just around the corner. The shopping complexes have already decorated the malls and soon we will be hearing the familiar Christmas songs.
2. I would like to wish the Christian visitors to my blog and to all Christians in Malaysia a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
1. I have been visiting several countries lately. Some are developed. Some are developing.
2. It strikes me that it will be good if we send groups of young and educated people to those countries which achieved independence together with us. This is because young people were born and they grew up long after independence and cannot possibly know the Malaysia before independence or even in the early years of independence.
3. Perspectives and perceptions are what colour our thinking. Most people are reluctant to go to poor countries. If we go only to rich developed countries then our perceptions would not be correct.