Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snippets - NOT PRAYING TOGETHER

blogtunm.blogspot.com Tun M 
NOT PRAYING TOGETHER

A commentator on my blog remarked that I did not sit together with Dato Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and Dato Seri Najib Tun Razak at Friday prayers in the National Mosque just before the end of Ramadhan.

I must explain that since I became Minister of Education in 1974 I had always prayed outside the main prayer hall. When I became Prime Minister the ushers led me towards the place just behind the Imam. I declined because I still preferred praying outside. Even today I have been praying outside.

Only for Hari Raya prayers when the Agong would be present I would show respect for him by praying in the same row with him.

So that Friday I took my usual place outside. After prayers I was kept behind by some people who wanted to shake my hand and to wish me Selamat Hari Raya. I in turn wished them the same.

I did not see Najib or Abdullah who I heard later was in the main prayer hall reciting his doa.

I was not being a bad Muslim when I prayed outside in my usual place. It would look odd if I were to suddenly decide to pray inside.

For those interested I had shaken the PM’s hand at a buka puasa at the Istana Negara.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at United Nations General Assembly


Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at the general debate of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2018
Turkey President Tayyip Edrogan speech at the general debate of the 74rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2019
Dr Mahathir Mohamad speech at the general debate of the 74rd session of the United Nations General Assembly 2019